We are looking for an experienced programmer to build robust gameplay systems for our new IP. This role would include game systems, AI, scripting and authoring/supporting designer tools. Effective communication skills allowing tactful negotiations and technical guidance are paramount to success in this role.
This is a full-time remote or in-house position at our office in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Implement game systems, AI and any requested designer tools.
- Provide critical analysis of programming and development practices with the goal of improving game quality and team efficiency.
- Collaborate with the Technical Director to evaluate and upgrade the skills of the team.
- Perform research and acquire new knowledge necessary for the development of the game.
- Work with the level designer to ensure optimal level performance.
- Deliver bug fixes noted by QA in our issue tracker.
- Minimum of 3 years professional game programming experience with at least one shipped title
- Leadership potential and previous leadership experience
- Expert C# programmer
- Strong math skills (linear algebra, trigonometry, etc.)
- High comfort level working within (and analyzing and improving) an established code base
- Able to work in a collaborative environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with optimization, namely with games created from first person perspective
- Computer science, EE, mathematics, physics or related degree
- Experience with Unity
- Experience creating Unity Editor extensions
- Experience in GUI programming, especially within Unity
- Expert C/C++ programmer
- Experience with network programming and multiplayer replication
- Experience developing on PS3/Xbox 360/Xbox One/PS4
- Knowledge of Linux/SSH/PHP/HTML and other web technologies
Required Application Materials
Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blue Isle Studios
- What games you are currently playing or interested in
Please email your application to email@example.com – Only submissions with cover letters will be considered.