Blue Isle Studios is seeking a talented and enthusiastic gameplay programmer to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for building exciting multiplayer games and has significant experience working with Unreal Engine 4. We are looking for someone that is comfortable working closely with designers to create compelling gameplay experiences, implement new content and help designers improve on their world building workflows. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate and excited to create amazing video game experiences.
This is a full-time position working from our office located in downtown Toronto. We are not looking for remote contract work at this time.
- Develop multiplayer gameplay systems for the design team
- Ensure gameplay systems are performant by regularly taking stats dumps
- Work with a UI designer on gameplay specific UI
- Work with the vfx/sfx team on gameplay specific sound and visual implementations
- Strong C++ and blueprinting skills in Unreal Engine 4
- Ability to take light designs and communicate in order to flesh out a full implementation
- Strong data structures, logic and algorithm skills
- Strong understanding of vector math
- Experience with multithreading and networking
- Experience working with client/server architecture
- Experience with performance analysis and code optimization
- High level of comfort extending and improving upon an existing code base
- Excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 5 years coding experience
- Minimum of 2 years experience programming in the video game industry
- Technical art skills with particles using cascade
- Technical art skills with skeletal meshes using persona
- Computer science or related degree
- Experience with multithreading
Please contact us email@example.com with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
*Please note that due to the volume of submissions we will not be able to directly respond to everyone*
About The Studio
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of the most exciting independent developers, creating iconic experiences that have sold millions of copies worldwide.