Blue Isle Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled 3D character artist to join our team. Your focus will be to create highly realistic, detailed characters for use in a brand new, in development title while remaining conscious of polygon limits and smart texture usage. Your skills and responsibilities would include modelling, texturing, material creation and optimization while reporting to the art lead.
This is a full-time contract (minimum 6 months) or full employment position.
- Sculpt, model and texture highly detailed characters for use in Unreal Engine 4 based off of concept art and reference imagery
- Ensure characters have proper topology for animation
- Work with the creative lead to deliver art assets by assigned due dates
- A minimum of 3 years experience creating fully realized 3D characters
- Strong foundation in ZBrush/Mudbox, Quixel/Substance Painter and Photoshop
- A thorough understanding of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 4 material editor and authoring materials
- Experience creating Physically Based textures and materials
- Experience creating assets in Unreal Engine 4 as well as importing and managing assets
- Self-motivation, good communications skills and a great team-player attitude
- A degree or formal art training in illustration, traditional painting, animation, design or traditional media
- Experience rigging meshes for animation
- Experience creating animations in Maya or 3DSMax
- Experience working with Unity engine and its art pipeline
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
Please note that due to the volume of submissions we will not be able to directly respond to everyone.
About The Studio
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of the most exciting independent developers, creating iconic experiences that have sold millions of copies worldwide.