Blue Isle Studios is looking for an exceptionally talented art director to join our team. Your primary responsibility will be to help build and lead the art team in creating incredible visuals for a brand new first person game. You will be tasked with identifying and communicating a high level vision for a brand new IP. Additionally, you will be involved in the creation of assets from modelling, to texturing, lighting, optimization and level design. You must have the creative sense to sometimes work with little or no concept art, prototype and gather reference material for your designs.
This is a full-time employment position working from our office located in downtown Toronto, Canada. Remote workers will not be considered at this time.
- Establish cutting edge visual direction for a brand new IP
- Create and maintain style guides
- Design and implement artwork directly within Unreal Engine
- Ensure work submitted by the art team is in a consistent visual style and meets the highest quality standards
- Manage internal and outsourced art teams
- 5+ years experience working in 3D art pipelines related to animation, modeling, materials, VFX and post process
- Proven ability to build and manage a team
- Strong foundation in ZBrush/Mudbox, Quixel/Substance Painter and Photoshop
- A thorough understanding of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 4 material editor and authoring materials
- Experience creating Physically Based textures and materials
- Experience creating assets in Unreal Engine 4 as well as importing and managing assets
- Able to design and light interior/exterior spaces within Unreal Engine
- Experience with optimization techniques such as mesh merging and creation of texture atlases to reduce draw calls
- Self-motivation, excellent communications skills and a great team-player attitude
- A degree or formal art training in illustration, traditional painting or industrial design
- Experience working with Unity Engine and its art pipeline
- Experience using World Machine
Please contact us at email@example.com with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
About The Studio
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of the most exciting independent developers, creating iconic experiences that have sold millions of copies worldwide.