Slender: The Arrival is about to get even more terrifying, because we now officially support the Oculus Rift – a next generation virtual headset designed for super immersive gaming! Best of all, the update is released free for anyone who owns the game. We showed off a version of Slender: The Arrival with Oculus Rift support a few weeks ago at PAX 2013, and the responses we got were incredible. The Rift intensifies the fear-factor, and gives players a brand new, immersive horror experience. This is a must-try for any Slender fan…if you dare!
To learn more about the Oculus Rift, visit their website, and follow them on twitter !
For the full patch release notes, check below.
- Added Beta Oculus Rift support. This can be toggled from the graphics menu. We suggest calibrating drift with the oculus SDK before playing
- Added Controller support (controller must be connected before game is launched)
- Fixed a bug that would occasionally cause a crash when loading the first level
- Optimized and reduced the size of the final game build
- Radically optimized trees and terrain performance
- Fixed a bug where the highlighting system would consume a lot of resources drawing unnecessary objects
- Shadows now cost dramatically less
- Game resolution and control bindings are now set in a pre-game launch menu. This is to prevent players from choosing a resolution that doesn’t work with their screen (rare) and having easy way to reset it.
- Flashlight comes on in some dark locations automatically
- Fixed an issue where the game would not be able to connect to the license server
- Fixed an issue where easy mode was sometimes not properly toggling in the forest
- Fixed an issue which would cause SM to occasionally instantly kill the player.