This is a full-time employment position working from our office located in downtown Toronto, Canada. Remote workers will not be considered at this time.
- Work with the creative lead to deliver art assets by assigned due dates
- Design and implement artwork directly within Unreal Engine 4
- Use Unreal Engine 4 terrain tools to assemble large scale terrains
- Optimize, combine and atlas textures and meshes to ensure good performance
- A minimum of 5 years experience creating fully realized 3D environments
- Strong foundation in ZBrush/Mudbox, Quixel/Substance Painter and Photoshop
- A thorough understanding of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya
- Experience using the Unreal Engine 4 material editor and authoring materials
- Experience creating Physically Based textures and materials
- Experience creating assets in Unreal Engine 4 as well as importing and managing assets
- Able to design and light interior/exterior spaces within Unreal Engine
- Experience with optimization techniques such as mesh merging and creation of texture atlases to reduce draw calls
- A good understanding of what’s needed to set dress an environment
- Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
- A degree or formal art training in illustration, traditional painting or industrial design
- Experience working with Unity Engine and its art pipeline
- Experience using World Machine
Please contact us at email@example.com with samples of your work, cover letter and resume. We look forward to hearing from you!
About The Studio
Founded in 2010, Blue Isle Studios is an independent developer and publisher located in the heart of downtown Toronto, Canada. Lead by industry veterans Alex Tintor and Brenden Frank, Blue Isle has established itself as one of the most exciting independent developers, creating iconic experiences that have sold millions of copies worldwide.