Blue Isle Studios is looking for an animator & technical artist!
We are looking for a skilled animator and technical artist to help us out with our brand new project; a first-person multiplayer game featuring large, beautiful environments. The ideal candidate is able to work closely with art, design and programming to develop high quality experiences for players on all kinds of platforms ranging from PC to consoles. Most importantly, we are looking for someone who is genuinely passionate and excited to create amazing video game experiences.
This is a full-time employment position working from our office located in downtown Toronto. We are not looking for remote work at this time.
The primary role will consist of animation creation, optimization and authoring of blend trees, animation states and events for our first person character as well as NPC’s that will populate our world. The right candidate is able to create convincing keyframe animations by hand and has a strong understanding of animation implementation within Unreal Engine 4. This position will involve working with external contractors; strong leadership and communication skills are a must.
- Three years of animation experience
- One year experience working with Unreal Engine
- One shipped title on PC or consoles
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 animation pipeline
- Thorough understanding of animation theory and the principles of animation (squash and stretch, timing, anticipation, staging, appeal)
- Exceptional skill in animating bipeds and multi-legged figures
- Previous experience dealing with motion capture technology
- Technical college diploma or higher
- Previous leadership experience
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects
- Knowledge of the Unreal Engine 4 VFX pipeline
- Fluency with Maya for character animation
- Modeling and rigging skills
- A strong artistic background, with examples of life drawing
Blue Isle Studios is a fast growing, independent studio based in Toronto, Canada. This position affords you the opportunity to work with and have a large impact on our development team as we grow. If you are interested in working with us, we’d love to hear from you.
Please submit your application with a resume and portfolio to email@example.com