Patch Update 1.5.6
With the newest update, here are the patch notes below:
-Fixed tree leaves being rendered black rather than vibrant color
-Fixed an issue where a number of objects on screen would disappear unexpectedly
-Fixed an issue with grass rendering in chunks rather than smoothly fading out in a distance
-Removed leaderboard achievements. Those that have already obtained those achievements will retain them. For new players, the achievements will not appear to exist.
Blue Isle Development Team | View Full Page
Easter is coming and Slender Bunny needs your help!
The Slender Bunny has lost 10 of his Easter Eggs that he needs to hide for his vict..*ahem*…umm…victORIOUS Easter Egg hunters!
Help Slender Bunny by sending screenshots of all 10 Easter Eggs hidden in Slender: The Arrival to firstname.lastname@example.org and he’ll reward 3 entries with a $50 Steam gift card.
The contest will start Tuesday, April 15 and submissions will not be accepted after Monday, April 21 at midnight EST. You need to submit all 10 screenshots in order to be placed into the draw for the prize.
Blue Isle Studios | View Full Page
We wanted our fans to have a chance to get to know the team at Blue Isle Studios a little better so we’ve done a series of interviews with the developers to talk about their roles at our studio.
Our first interview is with Brenden Frank who is the Technical Director at Blue Isle Studios.
What do you do at Blue Isle Studios?
A bit of this, a bit of that. Recently with the console launches, I’ve mostly done programming but I’m responsible for the sound design of our games as well as helping out with environment/character 3D art. Since the game passes through me before finally going live, I often work on finalizing level design.
What is the best part about working for Blue Isle Studios?
I enjoy the ability to develop and make use of a wide variety of skillsets. I really enjoyed my time working at BioWare, however I was limited to making use of a specific skillset based on the department I worked in. | View Full Page
Blue Isle Studios is looking for a fast and exceptionally skilled environment artist to join our team. Your focus would be to create an immersive atmosphere for players while remaining conscious of polygon limits, draw calls and fillrate. Your skills and responsibilities would include modelling, texturing, lighting, optimization and level design. You must have the creative sense to work with little or no concept art, prototype and gather reference material for your designs.
This is a full-time remote contract position with a minimum length of 4 months.
• Work with the creative lead to deliver art assets by assigned due dates
• Design and implement artwork directly within Unity.
• Optimize, combine and atlas to ensure good performance
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience creating fully realized environments
• Able to design and light interior/exterior spaces within Unity Engine
• Experience creating environments in Unity Engine as well as importing and managing assets
• Experience with optimization techniques such as mesh merging and creation of texture atlas’ to reduce draw calls
• A thorough understanding of 3D Studio Max and/or Maya (Both is a plus)
• A good understanding of what’s needed to set dress an environment
• Solid background in traditional arts included but not limited to animation, illustration, design or traditional media
• Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
• Only digital submissions will be reviewed such as a website, blog or online album. | View Full Page
Fan Art Friday for March!
We had a large number of submissions for March’s Fan Art Friday which made it difficult only choosing 3 winners.
Our winners, in no particular, are:
| Ben Ireland!
| Vance Vandigriff!
Our winners will each be receiving a Slender: The Arrival Steam key.
Thanks to everyone who submitted their artwork for March’s Fan Art Friday. Our next Fan Art Friday will be on April 25 so make sure to submit any Slender: The Arrival artwork to email@example.com. by Thursday, April 24 at midnight EDT.
We can’t wait to see your artwork for April!
Blue Isle Studios | View Full Page